The following list contains the General Corporate Rules set out by Health and Safety. Additional rules unique to each department or workplace may be added, as required.
The Executive of _______________ (insert Department, Branch, Unit) is committed to safety excellence for its' employees by providing an injury-free workplace. The following rules will help ensure everyone's safety:
- Everyone is expected to know and follow (insert department/crown corporation) Health and Safety Management System.
- All unsafe acts, condition, incidents, including "near misses" are to be documented and reported to the supervisor immediately. No reprisals or disciplinary action will be taken unless there is willful misconduct, negligence or criminal intent by the person(s) reporting.
- Consuming or being in possession of alcohol or illegal drugs in the workplace, is strictly prohibited.
- Theft, vandalism or any other abuse or misuse of Yukon Government property is prohibited.
- Abusive or inappropriate behavior in the work place such as horse play, practical jokes, etc., physical or verbal is prohibited.
- Every employee shall keep his/her work area neat, clean, orderly and free of hazards.
- All employees must be aware of the emergency procedures such as evacuation routes and muster points, emergency phone numbers, locations of fire extinguishers, etc.
- Employees are responsible for reporting to supervisor, whenever they become ill or injured at work. All injuries, no matter how minor, must be reported immediately.