Corporate Health & Safety is a YWCHSB approved provider of JHSC education for the government of Yukon. This 2 day training is a legislated requirement for all JHSC Co-chairs/Representatives within 90 days of being selected for the committee.
There are benefits to having all committee members attend this training – increased workplace safety, mentoring new members, sharing of committee tasks as well as other benefits, and that is why we encourage all committee members to attend this 2 day educational learning opportunity.
Course Pre-requisite – Corporate Health and Safety Management System eLearning course.
To access the eLearning portal click Corporate Health and Safety Management System
Course Application Requirement
Certificate of completion of the pre-requisite course may be submitted:
- with the Registration form; or
- a copy provided to instructor the day of the course.
The in-class session will introduce participants to:
- the roles and responsibilities of the Joint Occupational Health & Safety Committee
- create terms of reference
- The Internal Responsibility System (IRS)
- The Hazard Assessment Process
- Due Diligence
The onsite session is a practical inspection of your workplace. Participants shall:
- Conduct a workplace inspection
- Enter workplace inspection into Parklane
- NOTE: Access to your workplace and computer is required.
To organize a training session for the entire workplace committee please contact Corporate Health & Safety Training
To register for this training opportunity log in to YGLearn